Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Quarterfinal in Bucharest
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov defeated Czech Jiri Vesely 7:6, 6:2 in the second round of the ATP tournament in Bucharest.
Dimitrov, who is seeded 1st in the tournament, enjoyed the support of a full capacity crowd, among which many Bulgarians living in Romania.
The first set was tightly contested, as the 20-year-old Vesely hung on until the end against his high-ranked opponent. Dimitrov took the tie break 7-5 points and then cruised through the second set in dominant fashion.
In the quarterfinal on Friday, Dimitrov will face Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky, who is ranked 92nd in the world.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm