South Korean Ferry Death Toll at 108
The death toll from the sunken South Korean ferry has rose to 108 on the sixth day of the search operations.
Dozens of bodies were retrieved over the last two days, but 190 remain missing, Euronews reported. Many of the victims were children, travelling on a school trip to the resort island Jeju.
Police have detained six crew members and the captain. They face charges for negligence and delaying the evacuation of passengers. The country's president Park Geun-hye compared the captain's actions to "murder".
It is believed that many passengers were told to stay in their cabins even though it took the ferry over 2 hours to sink.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 647 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Israel-Hamas Conflict Threatens to Overshadow the War
- » Schengen Decision for Bulgaria: Awaited Call Delayed Again
- » After the 7-Day Ceasefire: Second Day of Fighting in Gaza
- » Bulgarian and Romanian MEPs Protest Against Schengen Veto in Vienna
- » Day 646 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky Calls For Rapid Construction of Fortifications in Key Areas
- » Serbia Bolsters Border Security, Plans Increased Police Presence along Bulgaria Border