President Plevneliev, Vice-President Biden Discuss Ukraine
Bulgaria’s President Rosen Plevneliev discussed the Ukraine crisis with US Vice-President Joe Biden over a phone conversation on Thursday.
Plevneliev and Biden agreed that Ukraine needs international support in order to maintain its unity, sovereignty, and democracy. They both believe Russia needs to take measures in order to de-escalate tensions in the region, Standartnews revealed.
Vice-President Biden reassured Plevneliev in the US’s commitment to guarantee the security of its NATO partners. He also thanked the Bulgarian head of state for the efforts the country is putting into strengthening the Alliance.
The two also talked about energy issues, and how to make the EU states more independent in that aspect.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Parliament VP Calls for Sanctions on Turkey During December Summit
- » Bulgaria’s Premier Boyko Borissov Broke Silence on North Macedonia Accession Talks
- » Foreign Minister Zaharieva: Bulgaria Cannot Approve EU Negotiating Framework with North Macedonia
- » Bulgaria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs: Moscow Will Benefit if We Shut Our Eyes to Skopje
- » Bulgaria Will Not Greenlight Start of Talks between EU and Skopje
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Visits Palestine