Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach
Georgi Mladenov is the new head coach of Bulgaria's men's national basketball team.
Mladenov's contract will be for 3 years, with the option of a 1 year extension depending on results, Sportal.bg revealed. The executive board of the Bulgarian Basketball Federation elected Mladenov with a majority of votes. The other contenders were Jovica Arsic and Lyubomir Minchev.
In the beginning of March, legendary coach Konstantin Papazov stepped down from the national team, following a huge scandal during a match of his club Levski, where he was involved in a fist fight with the opponent's manager.
The 51-year-old Mladenov last coached Beroe Stara Zagora, as well as the youth national team.
- » "Levski" Marks 104 years since the Founding of the Football Club
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov