Bulgaria's Municipalities to Get EUR 630 M Under EU Program
Bulgarian municipalities are to receive EUR 630 M from the new Program for Development of Rural Areas, Deputy Agricultural Minister Yavor Gechev said.
Gechev added that a systematic approach of "analysis, costs and benefits" is to be applied to the project which are to be carried out under the program, with the aim to manage them more efficiently, Expert.bg has reported.
Infrastructure is the top priority for which funds are to be allocated, as they enable most industrial, commercial and agricultural activities.
The building of roads is due to go hand in hand with setting up facilities for broadband Internet in areas where access is limited.
In granting money, priorities will be determined by the specific profile of a certain rural area.
Projects enhancing tourism in areas which are a traditional holiday destination, for example, are more likely to receive support.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » IMF Head Kristalina Georgieva: Forecasts for Global Economy Are Grim
- » Bulgarian National Bank Forecasts GDP Drop at 4,4 Percent Rate for 2020
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Doubled the Salaries of Teachers, 1 Billion Were Invested in Educational Infrastructure
- » UniCredit Bulbank: Bulgarian Economy Will Slowly Recover in 2021
- » Bulgaria’s Minister of Finance: Our Country Will Join Eurozone in 2024
- » Bulgarian Minister of Labor: State Will Further Support Pensioners and Families with Children