Bulgaria's Municipalities to Get EUR 630 M Under EU Program
Bulgarian municipalities are to receive EUR 630 M from the new Program for Development of Rural Areas, Deputy Agricultural Minister Yavor Gechev said.
Gechev added that a systematic approach of "analysis, costs and benefits" is to be applied to the project which are to be carried out under the program, with the aim to manage them more efficiently, Expert.bg has reported.
Infrastructure is the top priority for which funds are to be allocated, as they enable most industrial, commercial and agricultural activities.
The building of roads is due to go hand in hand with setting up facilities for broadband Internet in areas where access is limited.
In granting money, priorities will be determined by the specific profile of a certain rural area.
Projects enhancing tourism in areas which are a traditional holiday destination, for example, are more likely to receive support.
- » Bulgaria Is among the Countries Which Attracted Most Funds under the Juncker Investment Plan
- » Oil Prices Rise with 10%
- » Greece is Preparing to Cut Income Taxes
- » In the Period January - June 2019 Bulgarian Exports to the EU Grew by 5.1%
- » In 2018 the Goods Exported From Bulgaria amounted to BGN 56 030.4 Million
- » The Amount of the Fiscal Reserve as of June 30 is BGN 11.7 billion