Bulgaria's Municipalities to Get EUR 630 M Under EU Program
Bulgarian municipalities are to receive EUR 630 M from the new Program for Development of Rural Areas, Deputy Agricultural Minister Yavor Gechev said.
Gechev added that a systematic approach of "analysis, costs and benefits" is to be applied to the project which are to be carried out under the program, with the aim to manage them more efficiently, Expert.bg has reported.
Infrastructure is the top priority for which funds are to be allocated, as they enable most industrial, commercial and agricultural activities.
The building of roads is due to go hand in hand with setting up facilities for broadband Internet in areas where access is limited.
In granting money, priorities will be determined by the specific profile of a certain rural area.
Projects enhancing tourism in areas which are a traditional holiday destination, for example, are more likely to receive support.
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018
- » The Debt of Bulgaria for 2017 Amounts to BGN 25,064 Million
- » Spain is Richer than Italy, According to Data from the IMF
- » Bulgarian National Bank Puts into Circulation a Silver Commemorative Coin "The Old Elm in Sliven"
- » Card Payments in Bulgaria have Increased by 44% over Three Years
- » Аverage Insurance Income For Bulgaria in February is BGN 860.14