Sofia Airport Sees Passenger Volume Increase of 7.3% in Q1 2014
Sofia Airport has processed a total of 833,278 passengers in Q1 2014, which is a 7.3% increase compared to the same period of 2013.
There was a 9% increase in the number of passengers using international regular flights, a total of 748,143 people, according to a media statement of the airport.
Bulgaria Air reported a 18% growth in passenger volume, while international airlines saw a 6% increase in numbers of passengers. The top performers are Wizz Air, easyJet, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, Air Berlin. Qatar Airways, Alitalia, LOT Polish Airlines, El Al, Olympic Air and Tarom also reported increase in numbers of processed passengers.
Sofia Airport reported a decline in charter flights with 6,700 passengers to 51,589. Domestic flights were used by a total of 27,282 people - 1,600 less than last year's data.
The increase of outbound and inbound flights is 2.7 % and reaches 9428, mainly at the expense of regular international lines. Bulgaria Air reported a 12% growth, while foreign airlines - an average of 8 %.
In other flight segments - charter, domestic, cargo, business aviation, there is a decrease compared to Q1 2013.
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » Boyko Borisov will Open the First Plovdiv Economic Forum
- » Prices of US Goods in Europe are Rising from Tomorrow
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria