Bulgaria's Social Housing Fund to Be Open to Employed Persons Only
Bulgarian Investment Planning Minister Ivan Danov has said that the parameters of the concept paper on establishing a social housing fund are still unclear.
Speaking Friday in Parliament, Danov commented on the social housing fund scheme in response to a question of Iliyan Todorov, MP from nationalist party Ataka.
Danov, as cited by dnevnik.bg, explained that the number of housing units and the number of people they would accommodate was still being calculated, as well as the ownership of the terrains and the amount of funding.
Bulgaria's Investment Planning Minister noted that the housing units would be given not only to representatives of the minorities but to all socially underprivileged people who had jobs and were capable of paying rent and taking care of their homes.
He informed that industrial zones would be built in the place of Roma ghettos so as to provide employment opportunities for persons from the minorities.
"We offer comprehensive long-term solutions and steps to create the conditions for making a living," Danov boasted.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair