Daughter of Alleged Usurer in Bulgaria's Pomorie Feared Abducted
The young daughter of a Pomorie-based Bulgarian businessman, Veselin Todorov, has gone missing and is feared to have been abducted.
Alexandra, a third-grader at the Ivan Vazov elementary school, did not return home after classes on Thursday, according to reports of the Interior Ministry.
Todorov was born in Pomorie. His business is related to sales of properties on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. He was also owner of a pawnshop. In 2010 he was arrested for usury together with a number of his allies, including his son, Metodi. Apart from charging sky-high interest rates, the gang had a practice of abducting their victims and subjecting them to torture.
Police in Burgas declined to comment on the matter but confirmed the fact that the girl had gone missing. They did not explicitly uphold the allegations of abduction, according to Darik radio.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria