Bulgaria Canceled Energy Meeting With Russia Due to Sanctions
Bulgaria canceled a meeting of a bilateral committee with Russia, which was supposed to take place on Sunday and Monday, reports Capital Daily.
The Bulgarian delegation in the committee was supposed to be led by the Minister of Economy and Energy Dragomir Stoinev and the Russian – possibly by his counterpart Alexander Novak.
The committee was expected to discuss energy matters, including the price of Russian natural gas for Bulgaria and the eventual restarting of the Burgas – Alexandroupolis pipeline.
A bilateral business forum was also supposed to take place.
According to Bulgaria's government, the cancellation is because of the EU decision to impose economic and visa sanctions on Russia for the annexation of Crimea.
The meeting would most likely be rescheduled for June.
- » Bulgaria could Allow Macedonia to Use its Embassies
- » Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with North Korea's Kim Jong-un
- » The French President Macron is on an Official Visit to Russia
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov will go on a Visit with Pope Francis
- » Radev to Putin: Bulgaria and Russia must be Frank with Each Other
- » The Controversial Attorney General of the United States is on a Visit to Bulgaria