Marine Guard Shot Dead by Colleague at North Carolina Base
One Marine was shot to death by a colleague at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident happened at around 5.30 pm on Tuesday.
The Marine who fired the shot from his M4 rifle was detained and is to be questioned by the Naval Criminal Investigative Services, according to reports of the Washington Post.
The authorities have ruled out terrorism.
The identity of the gunman and the victim not yet been revealed as the relatives are being notified.
The incident is unrelated to the shooting at Fort Hood last week that left three people dead and 16 others wounded.
- » Terrorist Threat in the EU Remains High
- » Digital Single Gateway: Easier Access to Online Information and Procedures
- » New Measures to Fight against illegal Competition Practices in the Internal Market
- » Pensions: Council Agrees its Stance on pan-European Pension Product
- » Visa Policy: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on the Amendment of the Visa Code
- » Schengen Internal Border Controls: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on the Amendment of the Schengen Borders Code