Bulgaria, Macedonia to Launch Railway Line by 2022
A railway line connecting Bulgaria and Macedonia may be launched in 2022, Macedonian Transport Minister Mile Janakieski said, Tuesday.
"We have already started the reconstruction of the first railway section Kumanovo – Beljakovce and we plan to launch a train connecting Macedonia and Bulgaria by 2022. The project has been innitiated, we will allocate resources to the other two sections, as well," Minister Janakieski announced, cited by Bulgaria's BGNES agency.
"The rehabilitation of another section between Bitola and Kremenica is to be launched this year, too. There will be a public discussion in ten days and I expect that the works will start by the end of the year and will take 24 months," he added.
Minister Janakieski said that new passenger trains carriages will be imported in 2015 that will improve the conditions for both drivers and passengers.
Today Macedonia celebrates 141 years since the establishment of Macedonian Railways.
- » Boyko Borisov will Open the First Plovdiv Economic Forum
- » Prices of US Goods in Europe are Rising from Tomorrow
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law