Interior Minister Confirms Hezbollah Responsible For Burgas Bombing
Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev confirmed that the Hezbollah terrorist organisation is responsible for the bus bombing at the Burgas' Sarafovo Airport.
Asked by journalists on Monday whether Hezbollah was responsible for the bombing, Yovchev said he had already stated his conviction.
“All traces lead there,” he said. “What can we prove in court, is another matter. If you're asking me if I am certain of this – yes, I am.”
Earlier on Monday Bulgarian media reported that the suicide bomber who killed five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver and himself on July 18, 2012, was Algerian.
According to the authorities, he had later lived in Morocco, and received his training in southern Lebanon.
Yovchev refused to divulge any other information, as the pre-court procedings are ongoing.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany