Ukrainian Soldier 'Killed' in Crimea
A Ukrainian naval officer was shot by a Russian soldier on the Crimean peninsula, Ukrainian Defense Ministry has claimed.
Ministry officials, as quoted by Ukrainian news agency UNIAN, said that a sailor had been preparing to leave Crimea, which recently joined the Russian Federation, when a Russian soldier fired at him on Sunday night.
The attacker is reported to have been a member of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, who produced two shots, one in the chest and other in the face.
The news was first communicated by Dmitry Tymchuk, head of the Center for Military and Political Studies, who shared the information via his Facebook profile.
Ukrainian officials and media confirmed the accident in less than an hour, but Russia's defense ministry has not made any immediate comments.
Shortly after Crimea broke away from Ukraine, Kiev's soldiers were advised by local authorities either to join Russian ranks or withdraw to mainland territories.
- » Australia Tests Tuberculosis Vaccine to Fight Coronavirus
- » Prince Charles has Recovered from the COVID-19
- » German Giant Bosch has Developed Rapid COVID-19 Tests
- » One Was Killed and 127 Were Injured in a Train Accident in China
- » The Tragedy in Spain is Growing: Over 800 COVID-19 Victims for the Last 24 Hours
- » China Expert: Coronavirus Pandemic may Decline in October