Ukrainian Soldier 'Killed' in Crimea
A Ukrainian naval officer was shot by a Russian soldier on the Crimean peninsula, Ukrainian Defense Ministry has claimed.
Ministry officials, as quoted by Ukrainian news agency UNIAN, said that a sailor had been preparing to leave Crimea, which recently joined the Russian Federation, when a Russian soldier fired at him on Sunday night.
The attacker is reported to have been a member of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, who produced two shots, one in the chest and other in the face.
The news was first communicated by Dmitry Tymchuk, head of the Center for Military and Political Studies, who shared the information via his Facebook profile.
Ukrainian officials and media confirmed the accident in less than an hour, but Russia's defense ministry has not made any immediate comments.
Shortly after Crimea broke away from Ukraine, Kiev's soldiers were advised by local authorities either to join Russian ranks or withdraw to mainland territories.
- » Northern Macedonia Dissolved its Parliament
- » IMF Chief Kristalina Georgieva: The Coronavirus may Damage Global Growth
- » Turkey to Russia: The Attacks in Syria must Stop Immediately
- » Albania to Receive € 3m Donation from the Netherlands to Deal with Powerful Earthquake Damage
- » China is Cleaning and Quarantining Banknotes due to the Coronavirus
- » Bulgaria Returns another 54 Containers with Waste to Italy