Bulgaria's Bansko In Top 20 Places For Good Life
Bulgaria's mountain resort Bansko is in The Telegraph's World's top 20 places for the good life, ahead of Paris and Tuscany.
According to the newspaper, it is in the number three spot, below Andalusia in Spain and Gascony in France.
“A lot of British investors got their fingers burnt in this popular Bulgarian skiing resort”, writes the newspaper. Now that prices have settled down, people are rediscovering the charms of a town where one can hike, ski, breathe the fresh air and eat like a king, at a fraction of the cost of French and Swiss resorts. In the summer, it makes a great base for exploring the region, and sampling the (surprisingly good) local wines.”
The remaining places on the top 20 lists are Parma in Italy, Paris, the Caribbean island Grenada, Tokyo, Courchevel in France, Brittany in France, Morocco, Barbados, Sweden, Amsterdam, Tuscany, Porto, Dublin, Hong Kong, Budapest, Bavaria and Cyprus.
- » An Increase of Bulgarians Who Travel Because of Tourism
- » Summer, Sea ... 44 Beaches - Accessible to People with Disabilities
- » Peika.bg donates books in the campaign "READ and EXPLORE Bulgaria"
- » Passengers at Sofia Airport Increased by 7.6%
- » Bulgaria Expects a Good Summer Season
- » No Cruise Ship to Visit Varna or Burgas this Summer