Bulgaria Starts Registration of Parties for 2014 European Elections
The registration of parties for the European Parliament elections on May 25 with Bulgaria's Central Electoral Commission (CEC) starts Thursday.
The deadline for the registration of parties and coalitions is April 9, including, according to reports of Sega daily.
The deadline for the registration of initiative committees is April 14 and the final lists of candidates are to be clear by April 22.
By April 22, they can request that their registration for the May 25 EP elections be deleted.
As has become customary over the past years, the one most eager to submit their documents with the CEC is center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria).
Members of GERB-youth have been on duty round the clock in front of the CEC office so as to make sure that GERB registers first with the CEC. GERB is to submit its documents at 9 am on Thursday.
By April 23, the CEC is to determine by drawing a lot the numbers of participants in the EP elections on the ballot papers.
- » Phantom Voters in Bulgaria 'Surpass 1.2 M'
- » Bulgarian Electoral Commission Starts Registration for Early Elections
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President