Posthumous Michael Jackson Album Out in May
Eight previously unheard Michael Jackson songs will be released on a new album in May, Epic Records announced Monday.
The late pop icon's music has been "contemporized" by several producers who Epic Chairman L.A. Reid believes have the "gravitas, depth and range to creatively engage with Jackson's work," the announcement said.
Fans can preorder the new album, titled "Xscape," on iTunes, but it will be in stores around the world on May 13, the company said.
Jackson died at age 50 on June 25, 2009, while preparing for his "This Is It" comeback tour.
Timbaland is the lead producer, with contributions from Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon and Jackson estate executor John McClain, the release said.
Sony's Columbia Epic Records - Jackson's record label for three decades - signed a long-term deal with Jackson's estate to posthumously release music from the large archives of his recordings.
- » The New James Bond Movie Title Song will be Performed by Billie Eilish
- » What It’s Like to Drive in the USA Versus Europe
- » What Should I Know Before Travelling to Russia?
- » Rihanna Launched her Own Jewelry Brand
- » Dwayne Johnson-The Rock Launches his Own Tequila (PHOTO)
- » HBO Announces Game of Thrones Spinoff