Bulgaria to Meet Canada in Football Friendly
Bulgaria's national football team will play Canada in a friendly match on May 23.
The two football federations agreed to stage the match in the Austrian town of Ritzing, approximately 80km from the capital Vienna.
Bulgaria and Canada have never met before in an official match. The North Americans are currently in a dismal 14-game winless streak, with their last victory dating back to 2012, against Cuba.
Meanwhile, coach Lyuboslav Penev's side began 2014 with a 2:1 home win over Belarus in a friendly in Sofia.
In September, Bulgaria will begin its qualifying campaign for the 2016 European Championship, in a group with Italy, Norway, Croatia, Azerbaijan, and Malta.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm