Bulgaria's Doctors to Join Protests on EU Doctors Action Day
Bulgarian doctors will stage a protest on May 15 against financial problems in the system, as part of the Action Day of European Doctors initiative.
The decision to go out on protest was made at the National Council of the Bulgarian Medical Association (BMA) Tuesday, Trud Daily announced.
Doctors will be supported by nurses, obstetricians, pharmacists and trade unions in their stance under the motto: "Let's stop them. Let's protect the right to health of all European citizens. Stop corruption. Stop the repression on doctors."
BMA will insist on a meeting with Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and the Finance Minister regarding the emerging National health fund deficit of over BGN 250M.
According to BMA chair Tsvetan Raychinov, the only solution is an update of the National health
- » Over 1 Million Eggs will be Withdrawn from the Bulgarian Market
- » Addiction to Video Games was Officially Recognized as a Disease
- » More than half of the Doctors in Bulgaria are over 55 Years Old
- » Study: EU Test Undervalued Toxicity of Cigarettes
- » Outbreak of African Plague in Feral Pigs near the Border of Bulgaria
- » Used in Detergents and Toothpastes Substance Causes Cancer