Juncker Backs Minimum Wage across EU
European Commission President candidate Jean-Claude Juncker backed the idea of a minimum wage across the EU.
The center-right politician told Die Welt newspaper that EU rules on labor law an protection are also needed.
I wish that we could be led by this principle: A single minimum wage in all EU states, without EU meddling in the question of its amount. I consider minimum income [a measure] of urgent demand if one wants to maintain the EU's social system, Juncker said on Tuesday.
- » China Shrinks Customs Duties on Imported Cars
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)
- » There were no Injured Bulgarian Soldiers in a Missile Attack in Kandahar
- » The 16th Richest Countries in the World
- » The US-China Trade War Is Postponed
- » Oil Prices Sharply Increased the Reason for This Is the Threat of the United States to Impose New Sanctions on Venezuela