New Cocaine Route Passes Through Bulgaria
A new cocaine route for Europe goes through Bulgaria said the National Addictions and Drugs Center.
According to its director Momchil Vasilev, in the past two years through Bulgaria was established a new drug channel, which takes cocaine from South America via Western Africa through Greece and Bulgaria, for Western Europe.
In Vasilev's words, two of the three Balkan routes of heroin are well-established in Bulgaria. They take the drug to Turkey, Greece, Albania and Italy.
The study of the center finds that the quantities of heroin on the Bulgarian market have decreased, thus leading to higher prices and lower quality.
Most popular drug in Bulgaria is the cannabis, but methamphetamine and LSD are gaining popularity. There is also increased use of sleeping pills, especially among older people, which often leads to addictions.
Use among schoolchildren has stabilized, but this is according to their own admissions.
In 2012 between 7.6% and 9% of Bulgarians aged 15-64 have admitted that they have used drugs at least once in their lifetime.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Mass Poisoning of Dogs and Cats in a Plovdiv village
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov