Russia Imposes Trade Blockade on Ukraine
Russia has unofficially closed its borders for Ukrainian goods, reports the Ukrainian news agency UNIAN.
As of midnight on Wednesday all trucks carrying Ukrainian goods are turned away at the border checkpoints with Russia.
According to UNIAN, no-one explains anything to the truck drivers and doesn't show them any documents. “The just turn back the trucks and don't even check them,” said one driver.
The trade blockade already created long lines on the Ukrainian side of the border.
Most affected so far are the Ukrainian producers of hothouse vegetables and fruits as they were selling more than half of their produce in Russia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up