Libya's Official Abducted Amid Increasing Turmoil
Former Libyan Interior Ministry Undersecretary, Al-Bahlul Al-Said, has been kidnapped in Tripoli, a security official revealed on Wednesday.
Al-Said was taken from his car by gunmen driving in two vehicles while traveling in the Tajoura district of the Libyan capital. His location and captures remain unknown.
The Libyan government has called on the UN and international community to help fight what it called a war on terrorism, Aljazeera reports.
The appeal followed bombings and assassinations wave in Benghazi and clashes between pro-government forces and a rebel militia controlling major oil ports in Sirte in central Libya.
"Libya's interim government asks the international community and especially the United Nations to provide assistance to uproot terrorism," the government said in a statement on Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The UN awarded Merkel for accepting more than 1 Million Refugees
- » By Decree: Zelensky Forbade Negotiations with Putin
- » Hungary, Austria and Serbia are expanding their Cooperation in the fight against Illegal Migration
- » Day 223 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians Continue to Retreat from “Annexed” Territories
- » Japan urges Residents to take Shelter as North Korea fires Missile
- » Montenegro has the Cheapest Fuel in the Balkans