Libya's Official Abducted Amid Increasing Turmoil
Former Libyan Interior Ministry Undersecretary, Al-Bahlul Al-Said, has been kidnapped in Tripoli, a security official revealed on Wednesday.
Al-Said was taken from his car by gunmen driving in two vehicles while traveling in the Tajoura district of the Libyan capital. His location and captures remain unknown.
The Libyan government has called on the UN and international community to help fight what it called a war on terrorism, Aljazeera reports.
The appeal followed bombings and assassinations wave in Benghazi and clashes between pro-government forces and a rebel militia controlling major oil ports in Sirte in central Libya.
"Libya's interim government asks the international community and especially the United Nations to provide assistance to uproot terrorism," the government said in a statement on Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia votes in favor of EU-backed judicial reform, Vucic himself announces result
- » China has called for no imports because of Omicron
- » The deadline for a scheduled vaccination of Greeks over 60 has expired, 90% have been vaccinated
- » From 1 February: Green certificates over 9 months become invalid for travel in Europe
- » More than half a million Israelis have been immunized with a fourth dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- » NATO Secretary General says alliance will not agree to withdraw troops from member states