Vitali Klitschko: Risk of Ethnic Cleansing in Crimea
Ukraine’s presidential candidate and former boxing champion Vitali Klitschko has warned of a humanitarian crisis in Crimea.
“Crimea is today on the brink of a humanitarian disaster. The Ukrainian citizens there are left at the mercy of foreign occupiers and local criminals. There is also a risk of ethnic cleansing. Crimean Tatars, ethnic Ukrainians and all patriots of Ukraine are threatened”, Klitschko said after Sunday’s referendum in the autonomous region.
Despite Crimea’s decision to join the Russian Federation, Klitschko has revealed that Kiev does not plan to cut off energy supplies and support to the region, Euronews reports.
The former world heavyweight boxing champion and leading activist in the Maidan protests is tipped by some as one of the favorites to win the presidential elections in May.
- » Greece Will Ask the EU to Impose Sanctions on Turkey
- » Plane Blew Tires upon Landing at US Airport
- » Boris Johnson Remains the Favourite for May’s Position
- » Tourism in Sri Lanka Revives after the Bomb Attacks
- » Macron: The EU Sides with Cyprus in the Dispute with Turkey
- » Preserved Head of a 40,000-year-old Wolf was Discovered in Siberia