Record Low Inflation Rates Measured in February - NSI
The annual inflation by end-February hit record low rates of -2.6%, according to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
The consumer price index (CPI) in February 2014 compared to January 2014 was 99.6%, i.e. the monthly inflation was -0.4%. The inflation rate since the beginning of the year (February 2014 compared to December 2013) was -0.6%, the NSI reports.
The annual average inflation, measured by CPI, in the last 12 months was -0.2%.
The negative inflation in February was due to falling prices of clothing (-2.3 %), footwear (-4.7% ), gasoline (-1.6% for A95H) and a number of home appliances, Standart News informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Eurozone Agrees EUR 750 Million of Debt Relief Measures for Greece
- » Bulgaria Air with Additional Flights to Amsterdam, Athens, Zurich, Berlin and Frankfurt
- » Important Moments and Insights From the Bitcoin History
- » Summer 2020 Economic Forecast: Deeper Recession With Wider Divergences
- » EC and EIB Provide CureVac With a €75 Million Financing for Vaccine Development
- » Greece Closes its Borders to Serbian Citizens Until July 15