Bulgaria's Smoking Ban Debate To Be Rekindled Again
The debate on the total smoking ban in Bulgaria would be rekindled again.
According to reports in Bulgarian-language media, several MPs are planning to table amendments for the liberalization of the restrictions on indoor smoking by the end of this month.
Such attempts are being made every several months, only to be shot down by various committees in Parliament. The most recent attempt to lighten up the restrictions was made in early December 2013. Back then the motion of Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) MP Spas Panchev was overruled by Parliament's Health Committee.
The new amendments would again be proposed by Panchev.
Meanwhile, the Health Ministry is proposing harsher punishments for the violators of the indoor smoking ban. They include higher fines and the closing of bars, restaurants and cafes where the ban is repeatedly ignored.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU to Buy 200 Million Doses of the Potential COVID-19 Vaccine From Johnson & Johnson
- » New Study Suggests That Almost Two Thirds of the Bulgarians Are Smokers
- » Greek Scientists Expect Second Wave as Coronavirus Cases Spike Among Younger Generation
- » The Details Known About the Russian Vaccine "Sputnik V"
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 171 Newly Registered Cases, 13 893 Total
- » Bulgarian Health Minister With Details About the Outbreak of COVID-19 in Pazardzhik