Bulgaria's Smoking Ban Debate To Be Rekindled Again
The debate on the total smoking ban in Bulgaria would be rekindled again.
According to reports in Bulgarian-language media, several MPs are planning to table amendments for the liberalization of the restrictions on indoor smoking by the end of this month.
Such attempts are being made every several months, only to be shot down by various committees in Parliament. The most recent attempt to lighten up the restrictions was made in early December 2013. Back then the motion of Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) MP Spas Panchev was overruled by Parliament's Health Committee.
The new amendments would again be proposed by Panchev.
Meanwhile, the Health Ministry is proposing harsher punishments for the violators of the indoor smoking ban. They include higher fines and the closing of bars, restaurants and cafes where the ban is repeatedly ignored.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Study: High Caffeine Consumption - Higher Risk of Blinding Eye Disease
- » Covild-19: Indian Variant Found In Bulgaria Likely to Remain Isolated Case
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 110 New Cases
- » UU Health Commissioner Meets with Bulgarian Caretaker Minister of Health, Talks EU Covid Certificate
- » First Case of Indian Coronavirus Variant Detected in Bulgaria
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 95 Newly Infected, 25 Fatalities