Bulgaria's Telecom Regulator To Gain More Power
Bulgaria's telecoms might be forced to abide by the Communications Regulation Commission (CRC) rulings, even if they appeal them in court.
The new rules are provided in draft amendments to the Communications Act, tabled for discussion in Parliament on Friday.
Currently the telecoms are not obliged to apply the CRC regulations, if they disagree with them and appeal them in court. The regulations come into effect only after all possibilities for appeals are exhausted and the supreme court has ruled in favour of the CRC.
If the amendments come into effect, the telecoms will have to apply the CRC regulations immediately. If the courts rule in favour of the telecoms, then the application of CRC ruling will be discontinued.
The amendments were prompted by the EC reminder that Bulgaria does not apply in full the European regulations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Specialized Companies from the Netherlands and Bulgarian Agri-Producers partner in doubling Bulgaria’s Fruit and Vegetables production
- » Belgrade: The EU adopted the first package of Sanctions against Serbia
- » ITA Airways: Direct Flights between Sofia and Rome
- » Ethereum and Monero: Which Project Is More Ecologically Friendly?
- » France has filled its Gas Storages to 100%
- » A Global Manufacturer from the Automotive Industry will invest in Bulgaria