Bulgaria Police Find DNA Evidence of Organizer of Burgas Bus Bombing
Police have recovered DNA evidence of one of the perpetrators of the 2012 Burgas bus bombing at a hotel in Bulgaria's Black Sea resort of Nesebar.
The DNA belongs to Lebanese-born Canadian Hassan El Hajj Hassan, who was in charge of the logistics of the terror attack, according to reports of Presa daily.
Hasan was found to have arrived in Bulgaria on June 28, 2012.
He was the one who remotely detonated the bomb in the backpack of the suicide bomber on July 18, 2012.The explosive contained three kilograms of TNT (trotyl) equivalent. The backpack also contained two small gas cylinders.
Hasan spent around a week at a hotel in Bulgaria's Black Sea resort of Nesebar. He was alone during the stay and claimed he was a tourist.
He wore different caps all the time. Two of them, with emblems of US baseball teams, were found at his hotel room in Nesebar by the police.
The two baseball caps were sent for analysis and the researchers managed to isolate DNA.
Traces of the accomplice of the suicide bomber were also found on the towel he had to go sunbathing. He is believed to have forgotten the items in his haste to leave the hotel as soon as possible.
On July 18, 2012, a bomb exploded on a bus with Israeli tourists, who had just arrived at Burgas' Sarafovo Airport to spend their holidays in Bulgarian Black Sea resorts.
The deadly terror attack killed seven, including five Israeli tourists, the alleged suicide bomber and the Bulgarian bus driver, and left 35 wounded.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today