EU Freezes Bank Accounts of Ex-government Officials of Ukraine
The EU freezes the bank accounts of 18 former government officials of Ukraine as of Thursday.
The list of names is not officially announced, but among them are the ousted president Viktor Yanukovich, his two sons, the former chief prosecutor Victor Pshonka, interior minister Vitalii Zaharenko, justice minister Olga Lukash and heads of Yanukovich's administration.
The current Ukrainian prime minister Arsenii Yatsenyuk accused Yanukovich of stealing USD 70 B and emptying the state coffers.
The bank accounts of Yanukovich, his son Olexandr and 25 other people were already blocked in Austria, Lichtenstein and Switzerland.
The USA and Canada banned Ukrainian government officials and other persons responsible for the deaths of protestors from travelling to the two countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hundreds of Dead after a Massive Earthquake in Turkey
- » Day 347 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Scholz claims Western Weapons will Not Hit Russia
- » Britain Bans Migrants from Appealing Deportation
- » US shoots down Chinese Balloon, Beijing claims this Violates International Practices
- » Day 346 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky thinks Negotiations for EU can begin This Year, Germany has Evidence of War Crimes
- » Blinken Postponed his Visit to Beijing because of the Chinese Balloon