Bulgarian Nationalist Leader Proposes EUR 700 Minimum Salary
Bulgaria's ultra-nationalist Ataka party submitted a proposal for increasing the minimum salary to EUR 700.
According to the party's leader Volen Siderov, the minimum salary in Bulgaria must be raised to match western European levels, bTV reported.
The proposal was submitted on Tuesday to the Ministry of Social Policy and Labor. It remains to be reviewed by an expert panel of representatives from the Ministry, the labor unions, and employers.
Siderov has been critical of foreign companies and large retail chains operating in the country, claiming they earn enough profit to be able to afford paying such salaries.
The nationalist added that if his proposals in the social policy sphere are neglected, "this government will prove useless".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » GERB Party will not Support a Cabinet Proposed by There is such a people party
- » Caretaker Financial Minister Vassilev: We Continue Our Work
- » Bulgaria: Plamen Nikolov is the Candidate for Prime Minister of ITN
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Hands Over the Mandate to ITN at 5 PM Today
- » There Is Such a People Levelled Serious Accusations against Caretaker Finance Minister Assen Vassilev
- » No Vacation for Bulgarian Parliament