Bulgarian Nationalist Leader Proposes EUR 700 Minimum Salary
Bulgaria's ultra-nationalist Ataka party submitted a proposal for increasing the minimum salary to EUR 700.
According to the party's leader Volen Siderov, the minimum salary in Bulgaria must be raised to match western European levels, bTV reported.
The proposal was submitted on Tuesday to the Ministry of Social Policy and Labor. It remains to be reviewed by an expert panel of representatives from the Ministry, the labor unions, and employers.
Siderov has been critical of foreign companies and large retail chains operating in the country, claiming they earn enough profit to be able to afford paying such salaries.
The nationalist added that if his proposals in the social policy sphere are neglected, "this government will prove useless".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend