Some 350,000 Russians Own Property in Bulgaria
More than 10,000 Russian citizens have become homeowners in Bulgaria in 2013 alone, according to Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria Yuri Isakov.
"Russian buyers occupy a leading position on the local real estate market, some 300-350 thousand Russians own property in Bulgaria," Isakov said in an interview for Bulgaria's Focus news agency.
"Having arrived in Bulgaria as tourists, many Russian citizens have fallen in love with your country and have decided to stay here. I can say with certainty that the majority of them are satisfied with their choice and feel very well here," the Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria stated.
According to Isakov, "despite the lower intensity of new housing estates construction and the notorious Bulgarian real estate market saturation, Russian interest in buying property here has been preserved."
Bulgaria was visited by 700,000 Russians in 2013, some 480,000 of them spent their summer holidays at Bulgaria's Black Sea resorts. Meanwhile, Russian tourists are increasingly interested in ski and spa tourism in Bulgaria, Isakov claimed.
- » Colliers: Reverse of the Trend - Local Companies Are once again Dominating the Real Estate Investment Market
- » Increase of Residential Buildings Completed in Bulgaria
- » Real Estate Deals in Sofia have been at a Record High Level for the Past 10 Years
- » Prices of Agricultural Land in Bulgaria Rose with 12% in 2018
- » New 64,000 sq.m of Office Space in Sofia
- » About 40% of Households in Bulgaria Live in Overcrowded Housing