Russian Envoy to Bulgaria Backs Peaceful Resolution of Ukraine Crisis
Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria Yuri Isakov has assured that Russia wants the conflict in Ukraine to be resolved through peaceful political moves.
"Russia has always taken and will continue to take a clear and consistent stance on the settlement of international conflicts on the basis of international law and the UN Security Council resolutions," Isakov declared Sunday, as cited by the Focus news agency.
"Russia in principle opposes the intervention in Ukraine's foreign affairs. We expect that all partners will stick to a similar line of reasoning," the Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria stated.
He claimed that it was dangerous and counterproductive to force Ukraine to choose between "being with us or against us."
Isakov noted that Russia wanted to see the program of Ukraine's newly elected government, including its policy on stabilizing the economy.
He stressed that it was very important to secure normal conditions, a cessation of violence and a reinstatement of law and order and national peace.
On Saturday, Russia's upper house of Parliament unanimously approved the request of President Vladimir Putin to use the country's military in Ukraine. The move stirred a strong reaction by the international community and a number of world leaders, including US President Barack Obama, called on Moscow to respect Ukraine's sovereignty.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The New US Ambassador: Bulgaria is a Strategic Partner and Ally of the United States
- » The Bulgarian Cultural and Information Center moved to Downtown Skopje
- » Bulgaria’s MFA handed a Note of Protest to the Ambassador of North Macedonia after the Shooting in Ohrid
- » Another Provocation! Shooting at the Bulgarian Club "Tsar Boris III" in North Macedonia
- » MFA on Russia's Propaganda Rhetoric: Bulgaria's Position is in Support of Ukraine
- » Russia on Bulgaria’s Military Aid to Ukraine: A Hostile Act, further Worsening our Relations