NATO Secretary General: Russia Is Violating Principles of UN Charter
NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said Russia is threatening peace in Europe.
"What Russia is doing now in Ukraine violates the principles of the United Nations charter. It threatens peace and security in Europe," Rasmussen told reporters in Brussels on Sunday.
Rasmussen, as cited by the BBC News, called on Russia to deescalate tensions and urged all parties involved to continue efforts to resolve the dangerous situation.
He expressed NATO's support for Ukraine's territorial integrity and sovereignty and underscored the need to guarantee the democratic rights of all people in the country.
Rasmussen gave a press conference at the NATO headquarters prior to the start of emergency talks with NATO's 28 ambassadors on the situation in Ukraine and the Crimea region.
- » New Arrests after the Attacks in Sri Lanka, the Victims are Already over 350
- » Report: Europeans Do Not Exclude War on the Old Continent
- » Kim Jong Un to Meet Putin in Russia on Thursday
- » New Blast in the Capital of Sri Lanka
- » Аnother Explosion Near the Largest City in Sri Lanka (Update)
- » Series of Attacks in Churches and Hotels in Sri Lanka over Easter, the Victims are over 100