NATO Secretary General: Russia Is Violating Principles of UN Charter
NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said Russia is threatening peace in Europe.
"What Russia is doing now in Ukraine violates the principles of the United Nations charter. It threatens peace and security in Europe," Rasmussen told reporters in Brussels on Sunday.
Rasmussen, as cited by the BBC News, called on Russia to deescalate tensions and urged all parties involved to continue efforts to resolve the dangerous situation.
He expressed NATO's support for Ukraine's territorial integrity and sovereignty and underscored the need to guarantee the democratic rights of all people in the country.
Rasmussen gave a press conference at the NATO headquarters prior to the start of emergency talks with NATO's 28 ambassadors on the situation in Ukraine and the Crimea region.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Analysis: Putin’s War and Beyond
- » The EC approved Bulgaria to Receive over BGN 32 Billion (EUR 16.4) for 7 years
- » Von der Leyen: Europe should prepare to Stop Gas Supplies from Russia
- » Erdogan: We are Close to a Deal for the Transport of Grain through the Black Sea
- » Boris Johnson is Fighting for his Political Survival
- » Dutch PM: If North Macedonia does not accept the French Proposal, Albania is Moving Forward Alone