23.1% of Greek Nationals Live Below Poverty Line
23.1% of Greek citizens, or 2 535 700 people, live below the poverty line, according to statistics of the Bank of Greece.
According to a report of Greece's central bank, as cited by the BGNES news agency, some 914 873 families are experiencing serious financial difficulties.
The report indicates that 50% of poor families live on less than EUR 4000 a year.
Statistics show that a total of 1 250 000 Greek nationals earn less than EUR 4000 a year.
Over the past 12 months, a total of 955 600 people were lastingly unemployed.
In 2012, 34.6% of Greek households were at risk of poverty or social exclusion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More Than 10,000 Arrested Protesters in America
- » Scientists Have Revealed Dinosaurs Last Meal
- » New Evidence Suggests That Mars Indeed Had a Ring
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 6.8 Struck Off Chile’s Coast
- » Trump Threatens to Deploy the US MiIitary if "Violent Protests" Continue
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises