Spanish Flamenco Guitarist Paco De Lucia Dies, Aged 66
Famous flamenco guitar player Paco de Lucia died in Mexico at the age of 66, according to reports of the mayor's office in Algeciras, Southern Spain.
According to preliminary reports, he suffered a heart attack at a beach near his home.
The local authorities in Algeciras have declared two days of official mourning.
De Lucia, born Francisco Sanchez Gomez in Algeciras on December 21, 1947, won a number of awards and prizes, including a Gold Medal for Merit in Fine Arts in 1992 and the Prince of Asturias Awards in Arts and in 2010. In 2010, he was awarded an honorary doctorate by Berklee College of Music in Boston.
Some of his best known recordings include "Entre dos aguas", "La Barrosa", " and "Gloria al Ni?o Ricardo".
- » Stephen Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, Dead at 90
- » The Head of the Chinese Company, which Won the Concession of Plovdiv Airport, has Passed Away
- » The Popular Bulgarian Historian Professor Bozhidar Dimitrov has Passed Away
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92