Bulgaria's Prosecution Confirms Doubts for Violations in Bansko
Bulgaria's Supreme Administrative Prosecution (SAP) confirmed that there are doubts of construction violations in the Bansko ski resort.
The matter was referred to the prosecution by Bulgarian nature conservation organizations.
The SAP inquiry confirmed that there are violations in the construction of three ski pistes, two lifts, a water reservoir and several service buildings.
The pistes “Plateau 1”, “Shiligarnik 2” and “Strazhite” have been constructed in violation of the concession contract and the nature protection laws, found the magistrates. The rope-line in the Chalin Valog area and the four-seat lift “The Plateau” are also in violation of the law and have no permits for use. The water reservoir for the snow guns in the Banderishka Poliana area is 150 times larger than the allowed size. Several buildings, among which tea houses, are also illegal.
The SAP referred the case to the Blagoevgrad Regional Prosecution, which will have to make additional inquiries and consult with various experts.
Representatives of the company managing the ski zone “Ulen” denied any violations and claimed that all their installations have all the necessary paperwork.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ryanair Reduces Its Flights by Additional 20 Percent in October
- » Two-Thirds of Hotels in Bulgaria Empty in July, Turnover Down With 65%
- » Wales and Scotland Impose a 14-Day Quarantine on Those Arriving from Portugal
- » United Airline to Cut Over 16 000 Jobs
- » Denmark Removes Bulgaria from Quarantine List
- » Bulgaria Supports Tour Guides with BGN 3 Million