4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
A 4.5 magnitude earthquake on the Richter scale shook Romania's Vrancea region in the early hours of Monday.
The earthquake was registered at 2:23 AM at a depth of 104 km, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre. The epicenter is 157 km north of the capital Bucharest.
Vrancea is an active seismological region, with several earthquakes of a similar magnitude being felt in the past months.
In 1977, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake killed over 1,500 people in the same area.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rain in 10 Provinces, Strong Wind in 5
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded
- » Bulgaria is Threatened with a Fine of an Eight Figure Sum in Euros because of Landfills