Soviet Army Monument in Sofia Painted in Ukraine Colors
The Soviet Army Monument in the Bulgarian capital Sofia was painted in solidarity with Ukraine.
A Ukrainian flag was drawn on the front fa?ade of the monument, with the message "Glory to Ukraine" written underneath in Ukrainian.
One of the soldier figures in the lower part of the monument was also colored in blue and yellow. Obscene words in reference to the Russian President Vladimir Putin were also written in graffiti.
February 23rd is the Day of the Fatherland Defender in Russia. Traditionally, diplomats from the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria visit the monument on this day to pay tribute to the soldiers killed in battle.
This is the 3rd time when the monument has been painted by unknown perpetrators. On a previous occasion, the act stirred outrage from the Russian Embassy in Sofia.
- » Sofia in the Top 300 for the Most Expensive Cities in the World
- » Eurostat: Lowest Rate of Prisoners in the EU since 2000
- » Elevated Levels of Fine Particulate Matter is Sofia
- » Hepatitis A Boom in Bobov Dol
- » Hundreds of Kilograms Toxic Waste Found in Lukovit
- » Weather Forecast: Fogs, Maximum Temperatures between 0C and 5C