Soviet Army Monument in Sofia Painted in Ukraine Colors
The Soviet Army Monument in the Bulgarian capital Sofia was painted in solidarity with Ukraine.
A Ukrainian flag was drawn on the front fa?ade of the monument, with the message "Glory to Ukraine" written underneath in Ukrainian.
One of the soldier figures in the lower part of the monument was also colored in blue and yellow. Obscene words in reference to the Russian President Vladimir Putin were also written in graffiti.
February 23rd is the Day of the Fatherland Defender in Russia. Traditionally, diplomats from the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria visit the monument on this day to pay tribute to the soldiers killed in battle.
This is the 3rd time when the monument has been painted by unknown perpetrators. On a previous occasion, the act stirred outrage from the Russian Embassy in Sofia.
- » An Accident Left Three Metropolitan Districts without Electricity
- » A Free Hepatitis C Research Campaign Starts Tomorrow
- » PM Borissov Is Delighted with the Hacker: He Is Unique, He Has to Work for the State
- » The Government Has Granted BAS BGN 5 Million for Repairs
- » EU Agriculture Ministers Discussed the Situation with African Swine Fever
- » Sunny Today, Scattered Showers and Thunder