Border Guards Avert Yanukovych Escape Attempt
A charter plane with Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych on board was reportedly stopped from taking off by State Border Service guards in Donetsk.
"A charter plane without documents required for crossing the border was trying to take off from the airport of Donetsk today", State Border Service spokesman Serhiy Astakhov told Interfax-Ukraine, claiming Yanukovych was on board.
When inspectors arrived to check flight documentation, they were faced with a group of armed men who offered money for letting the plane take off without the needed documents, the Kyiv Post reveals.
When the inspectors refused, two armored cars drove close to the plane, from which Yanukovych descended, got into one of the two cars and left the airport.
There is no information on where the plane was trying to head.
On Saturday, Ukraine's Parliament voted to remove Yanukovych from office and to hold early elections in May. The President himself has not submitted his resignation, despite agreeing to hold early election later in the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Euro Ombudsman: EC hides Correspondence between Von der Layen and Pfizer
- » Lavrov: Russia does not want War with Ukraine
- » Lukashenko: War is Possible only if Belarus or Russia are Attacked
- » Croatian Minister: The President Embarrassed us in front of Bulgaria and Ukraine
- » Biden-Zelensky Conversation did Not go Well
- » NATO is considering Deploying Troops in Slovakia