Bulgaria's Zhekova Finishes 5th at Sochi Snowboard Cross
Bulgarian athlete Alexandra Zhekova finished fifth at the snowboard cross competition at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Sunday Zhekova was brilliant, going through quarter finals and semi finals, finishing 2nd in both rounds to make it to the top 6 who competed in the snowboard cross final.
However, at the final, as she was racing 3rd, Italian Michaela Moioli collided into her with both falling; the Bulgarian rose back up to finish 5th.
Stunning Czech athlete Eva Samkova won the gold medal, followed by France's Dominique Maltais.
Zhekova's fine showing is by far the best Bulgarian performance in the Sochi Winter Olympics yet.
- » Balkan 2030 World Cup bid is Realistic, Says Bulgarian Sports Minister
- » Anthony Ivanov Ranks 8th at the World Swimming Championship in China
- » VAR to be Introduced in Bulgarian Football in 3 Years, Announced the Head of BFU
- » River Edge out Boca after Extra Time to Win Historic Copa Libertadores
- » Grigor Dimitrov Clarifies his Statement About Sofia Open
- » Kubrat Pulev Signs Multi-year Deal One of the Largest Promotion Agencies