Bulgarian Universities Granted BGN 21 M More in State Subsidy
Bulgarian colleges and universities will receive an additional state subsidy of BGN 21.5 M, according to Education Minister, Aneliya Klisarova.
The decree has been approved at the meeting of the Council of Ministers Wednesday.
The portion of the subsidy for each of a total of 33 schools will be bound with the quality of education it provides, according to Klisarova.
Sofia University will get BGN 3.2 M, the Medical University and the Technical University in Sofia – BGN 3 M each, the University for Architecture, Construction and Urban Planning – BGN 1.35 M, the Sports Academy and the University for National and World Economy – over BGN 0.5 M each.
The government has further approved and issued BGN 40 M in state guarantees for student loans, which are currently granted by 4 banks, while the interest rate will not exceed 7%, Klisarova said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today begins the New School Year for Bulgarian Students: Over 57,000 First-Graders Enter the Classrooms
- » Bulgaria: As of October 1, Students' Notes for Medical Excuse become Electronic
- » Bulgaria: 2000 Children from Ukraine will study in Schools and Kindergartens in Varna region
- » Bulgaria: Teacher Salaries will be Increased by 15%
- » A Moscow-Sponsored School in Bulgaria is Closing its Doors
- » The American Council for International Education - Bulgaria is looking for Host Families for Students from the USA