Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Renamed Marigor
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, the up and coming face of the ATP, has become better known as Marigor thanks to his relationship with Maria Sharapova.
Foreign sports journalists are increasingly referring to the Bulgarian shooting star with the endearing Marigor, especailly after his exciting feats at the Australian Open, a quick search on the Internet shows.
Bulgaria's tennis star Grigor Dimitrov officially entered the top 20 of the world rankings, placed at number 19 in the renewed list, which came out at the end of January.
Dimitrov, who reached the quarterfinals of the Australian Open in the middle of January, has 1,810 points.
Shortly before that tennis princess Maria Sharapova spoke for the first time openly about her relationship with Bulgaria's rising tennis star and beau Grigor Dimitrov.
"It's nice to see somebody that's next to me that is building their own life and becoming their own individual, respecting me at what I'm doing, giving me my life but being a huge part of it.
It's a very difficult combination to find in any relationship, but I've been really blessed to have that." Sharapova said in an interview for The New York Times on December 17.
Sharapova was once engaged to the former N.B.A. player Sasha Vujacic, but they split in 2012, the year Sharapova won the French Open.
"I had a challenging last year with going through a breakup while winning a Grand Slam," she said.
"So it's nice. I'm in a nice place in my life definitely, and I think I'm much more grateful now for the things I have just because I feel I've experienced a lot, so if I'm able to come home and be happy with someone, it's because I've learned from the past."
Rumors of the relationship between the Russian tennis princess and Grigor Dimitrov were confirmed in the summer. after they were caught in Madrid showing their affection for each other.
- » The "Golden Girls" of Bulgaria with Gold Medals from the World Challenge Cup
- » China Wins Women's Doubles at ITTF World Tour in Bulgaria
- » Brazil, Bulgaria Win First Matches at Men's Volleyball Olympic Qualification in Varna
- » Changes in Traffic Around National Stadium Due to CSKA - Zorya Luhansk match
- » Woman Wins 4,000-km Bulgaria-France Bike race after Sleeping by Road
- » Grigor Dimitrov Outside of the Top 70 in the World Rankings For the First Time in 7 Years