Protesters Set Fire to Govt Buildings in Sarajevo, Tuzla, Zenica
Protesters in Sarajevo have started throwing stones, garbage bins and road signs at police officers.
An emergency situation has been declared around the building of the Sarajevo Canton government and the entrance of the building is in flames, according to reports of Al Jazeera Balkans for Sarajevo Times.
Protesters have managed to enter the building and are throwing things outside the windows. Fire engines cannot reach the site because of heavy traffic. At least four people have been injured, including a journalist. Main roads in Sarajevo have been blocked. Protesters are heading for the President's Office.
In the northern town of Tuzla, around 11 000 people staged a protest outside the government building. The rally escalated into unrest, as protesters managed to break through the police cordon and stormed the building. The building is in flames and firefighters are trying to put out the blaze amid strong winds. Five civilians and three police officers have been injured.
In Zenica, demonstrators have entered the Zenica -Doboj Canton (ZDK) building, setting fire to a number of rooms. Firefighters were not allowed to approach the building. Police officers who were guarding the building placed their equipment on the ground and allowed protesters to take control of the building.
In Bihac, thousands of protesters are in the streets, destroying vehicles owned by the government of Una-Sana Canton.
Friday is the third day of anti-government protests in Bosnia and Herzegovina. People are protesting against high unemployment and rampant corruption and the lack of economic and political progress.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Romanian Court has placed Andrew Tate under House Arrest
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » Lukashenko: A Third World War with Nuclear Fire is on the Horizon
- » The Jihadists detained in Belgium, including a Bulgarian, were Preparing the Murder of the Mayor of Antwerp
- » Day 401 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Blinken urged the Americans to leave Russia immediately