US Embarrassed by Leaked Audio Revealing Exchange on Ukraine
What appears to be a bugged phone conversation in which a senior US diplomat disparages the EU over the Ukraine crisis has been posted online.
A voice resembling that of Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland refers to the EU using a graphic swear word, in a conversation apparently with the US ambassador to Ukraine.
The date and precise context of the recording are not known.
In the video, posted on YouTube, Nuland and the US ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt discuss which of the country’s opposition leaders they would like to see in government – and refer to getting the UN involved in the process to resolve the political crisis.
In the recording the conversation is then as follows, according to Euronews:
Karen Nuland: “So that would be great, I think, to help glue this thing and have the UN help glue it and you know…” At this point she uses a swear word to dismiss the EU.
Geoffrey Pyatt: “Exactly. And I think we’ve got to do something to make it stick together because you can be pretty sure that if it does start to gain altitude, the Russians will be working behind the scenes to try to torpedo it.”
The US said Nuland had "apologised for these reported comments."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Day 392 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin and Xi reaffirmed the Principle that Nuclear War should Never Start
- » North Macedonia's Foreign Minister: We must make the Changes in our Constitution
- » Today is World Water Day
- » Another Night of Clashes and Protests against the Pension Reform in France
- » Day 391 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Crimea