Martenitsa Exhibition Taking Place in Sofia's Ethnographic Museum
Bulgaria's National Ethnographic Museum in Sofia is hosting an exhibition of the traditional Bulgarian good health charm "martenitsa".
It features the works of the Cooperative of Folk Crafts Masters and shows traditional martenitsas from various parts of Bulgaria and own unique models of the masters.
During the exhibition, which will continue through March 8, there will be workshops where the handier visitors could make their own martenitsas.
There will also be a martenitsa market where the visitors can buy the red-and-white charms, traditionally given to family and friends on March 1.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Celebrate May 24 - Day of the Bulgarian Alphabet, Literature and Culture
- » Bulgarian Author Georgi Gospodinov Won the "Booker" Prize for "Time Shelter”
- » Bulgaria: Over 100 Publishing Houses will Participate in the Spring Book Fair in Sofia
- » Today: Many Museums and Galleries in Bulgaria will participate in the "European Night of Museums” - Free Entrance
- » Bulgarians Celebrate St. George's Day - The Day of Courage and the Bulgarian Army
- » 120 years since the Death of Bulgarian Hero Gotse Delchev