Nelson Mandela's Will Revealed
The Mandela Foundation has revealed the contents of former South African President Nelson Mandela’s will on Monday.
Executor Justice Dikgang Moseneke, summarizing the 40-page document, said he was "not aware of any contest" to the will, BBC reported.
Mandela distributed his USD 4.1M estate among his wife Graca Machel, family members, staff, schools and the African National Congress (ANC).
Royalties from his books and other projects, as well as his homes in Johannesburg, Qunu and Mthatha were left to a family trust.
Close personal staff each get 50,000 South African rand (app. USD 4,400). Schools the former South African president attended are due to receive 100,000 rand.
Mandela also left 100,000 rand to each of four other educational institutions, for bursaries and scholarships.
The reception of Mandela’s will by his family was "charged with emotions but it went well," said the executor, and added that the Mandela family were "well pleased" by his will, BBC informed.
The family trust will receive 1.5M rand, plus royalties.
The ANC will also receive some royalties, to be used at the discretion of the party's executive committee, to spread information about the principles and policies of the ANC, particularly about reconciliation.
There is a 90-day period in which the will can be contested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » China's Yuan sinks to record Low against Dollar ahead of key National Congress
- » 19 Killed in Anti-Government Protests in Iran
- » US: Death Toll reaches 21 in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits South Carolina
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO
- » Putin: Russia now has Four New Territories, We are ready for Negotiations with Ukraine