Thousands of Irish and UK people own holiday homes in the Varna district and out at the Golf courses, but the only way to get to their homes is to fly into Burgas or Sofia.
Even BALKAN HOLIDAYS now fly to Burgas and bus the holiday makers up to Varna and the flights only start from May some even as late as June. They have paid a lot of money to buy property here but are not coming to use them due to the travel costs are now to expensive or the travel time is to long (Dublin to Varna on one site was taking 22 hours ). Some have even found it cheaper to travel to Bucharest and taxi down.
Surely Varna Airport should be doing more to attract flight companies and their business it seems the Russians can have direct flights with S7 Airline, but if you live in IRELAND / UK forget it.
Owners want to fly all year round or at least from March Easter to use properties. Varna is the second largest city in Bulgaria but no services why is this ?
- » Snow on Epiphany Morning in a Soviet Era Sofia Apartment
- » Final US Presidential Debate: Trump May Have Decreased Chance of Success
- » The Second US Presidential Debate: Observations and Analysis
- » Observations on the First Clinton-Trump Debate
- » A Letter to the Azerbaijani People
- » A Day (or 3) in the Life of an Englishman in Haskovo