Bulgaria's Integration Strategy Keeps Roma Children in School
Some 400 Roma children from Bulgaria's North Eastern Shumen region have been included in various programs aiming at keeping them in school, official data showed.
The information regarding the progress of the Regional Roma Integration Strategy was presented at the meeting of the Regional Council for Cooperation on Ethnic and Integration Issues, Bulgarian Focus Radio reported.
The Roma Integration Strategy worked in six directions among which education, labor market, healthcare, housing and non-discrimination.
The Regional Inspectorate of Education noted that Bulgarian language exams show Roma children do worse than children whose mother tongue is Bulgarian or Turkish.
In order to overcome this problem, organizational measures to help improve education of Roma children need to be taken.
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program
- » Some of the Libraries in Bulgaria have never been Repaired, most are without a Website
- » 200,000 Bulgarian Students will get Lockers and not Carry Heavy Backpacks
- » The Bulgarian State will Make Preschool Compulsory for 4-year-olds